I think most people would agree that a visit to a spa is the ultimate way to relax and unwind. They offer an array of services but my favourite part of the day is the relaxing hour at the end spent in a luxurious bath.
Of course, we can’t all escape to a fabulous hotel spa when we need a dose of chill, so how do we take our bog-standard bathroom at home and give it a spa-like upgrade? You’ve probably guessed it – adding scented candles to your self-care ritual is a fantastic place to start.
Tips To Make Your Bathroom Smell Amazing
- Open the windows daily. Bathrooms can get a little damp and stagnant without a blast of daily fresh air, so make sure you open your windows each day to let the breeze blow any dank smells away.
- Light a candle. Bet you didn’t see that one coming!
- Add a reed diffuser to the space. To add 24 hour fragrance to your powder-room, pop some reeds into a diffuser and enjoy the subtle scent. You can increase or decrease the scent strength by adding or removing reeds, and don’t forget to turn the reeds over every week.
- Dry your towels and floor mats. Making sure the fabric elements in your bathroom are able to dry when not in use will help avoid them getting that dank musty smell we all hate.
- Add flowers to the space. Plus they brighten things up!