D.S. & Durga
Brooklyn perfume pioneers, D.S. & Durga have forged a cult following for their uniquely refined fragrances. Each scent conjures a fantastical world, where art, music and memory entwine. They believe the power of scent is equal to that of sight and sound – a great scent is a world you can return to over and over, it’s a keyhole into another realm. You too can travel via the mind-nose connection to larger collective spaces thanks to D.S. & Durga.
Sort Results By
Refine by Category
Refine by Strength
Refine By Wax
Shop D.S. & Durga at Osmology
Everyone wants to say they were first to discover D.S. & Durga, but it’s almost like their scents discover you. Whether it was the eccentric whiff of a D.S. perfume winding it’s way across a bar and into your senses, or coming across a room elevated by their home fragrance – it’s always love at first smell.
Founded by David Seth Moltz and Kavi Moltz, Brooklyn based perfume house D.S. & Durga are true scent pioneers. Combining the talents of a writer/musician turned self-taught perfumer, with an architect and branding guru, D.S. & Durga manage to distil the essence of many art forms into scent. Inspiration comes from music, memory, nature and daydreams of fantastical worlds.
“Everything is made in the belly of the beast. NY has shaped our lives and our vision of the world. It’s in our DNA. Each fragrance is conceived and constructed by D.S. with no middleman or interpretation from an outside perfumer. We began by turning things we loved into scented stories of cowboys, open terrain, Russian novel characters, folks songs and packing them into stamped boxes in D.S.’s Bushwick apartment.”
How to use D.S. & Durga candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.