Earl Of East
Born out of Hackney, Earl of East is a boutique home fragrance brand set up in 2015 by business and life partners Niko Dafkos and Paul Firmin. Their unique scented candle fragrances are an exploration of memory and place.
Shop Earl Of East at Osmology
Earl of East originally started out as a creative outlet for founders Niko Dafkos and Paul Firmin, it has grown into an all-consuming project, overseen by a team of five like-minded, passionate individuals. Niko and Paul began making and selling candles in 2015, and the brand is now well loved across the world.
“We started making our candle line in our home back at the bringing of 2015. We didn’t really think about where that journey would take us, it was just something we loved doing, and we really wanted to share our creations with others. Over the past few years our customers have responded well to our brand, and as a result we have moved production from kitchen hob to our current production space in Hackney via a couple of other studios that we’ve quickly outgrown.”
As one of the first British candle brands we began working with when we launched Osmology, we’ve loved seeing Earl of East London’s growth. We were drawn to the scents and aesthetic, and time and again customers share this love for the brands’ vibe.
How to use Earl Of East candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.