Husband-and-wife duo Poppy and Sam Wall are behind the all-natural, chemical-free candle brand, Eym. Working alongside the UK’s top natural perfumers, the label creates clean candles with unique blends, using just three key ingredients: soy wax, cotton wicks, and essential oils. Each fragrance blend is developed to enhance a particular mood through the power of aromatherapy. Whether it’s sleep, relaxation, restoration or meditation, they’ve got you covered.
Shop Eym at Osmology
When Poppy was pregnant with their first child she read an article explaining the negative effects of synthetic candles. Being a candle fanatic, Poppy was not willing to part with her nightly ritual and so, alongside her designer husband Sam, they set out to create 100% natural, chemical free candles that were as pure in their aesthetic as they were in their ingredients.
Eym was started by husband and wife duo Sam and Poppy Wall. Both grew up in the country: Sam on the Cornish coast, where as a child he surfed and developed a great interest in art and design, Poppy grew up on the welsh borders in a farmhouse surrounded by trees and running water.
To receive the full aromatherapy benefits of Eym candles, we recommend burning in enclosed spaces.
How to use Eym candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquify. This will ensure an even burn for each relight.
- To receive the full aromatherapy benefits of Eym candles, we recommend burning in enclosed spaces or close to you such as at a desk.
- Burn for a minimum of 2 hours, natural candles have no booster chemicals so need some time to spread their scent.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 4 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.