When Poppy was pregnant with their first child she read an article explaining the negative effects of synthetic candles. Being a candle fanatic, Poppy was not willing to part with her nightly ritual and so, alongside her designer husband Sam, they set out to create 100% natural, chemical free candles that were as pure in their aesthetic as they were in their ingredients.
How to use Eym candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 1/4″ before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquify. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- To receive the full aromatherapy benefits of the candle, we recommend burning in enclosed spaces.
- Burn for a minimum of 2 hours, natural candles have no booster chemicals so need some time to spread their scent.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 4 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than ¼” of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centered.