Started in 2012, this small, independent brand continues to be inspired by the natural wealth of Margates coastline and surroundings. Each handcrafted fragrance within the collection is filled with local botanicals foraged from British beauty spots – a curated exploration of quiet places and exact moments.
Shop Haeckels at Osmology
How to use Haeckels candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
Mycelium: Mycelium is the root system of mushrooms (fungi) and is usually found underground where its tiny white threads weave together. Within our packaging, these threads intertwine with agricultural waste such as sawdust, flax and hemp husks and are left to grow around a mould for a period of time. Once the whole mould has turned white it means that the Mycelium has fully encompassed the form and is acting like glue. It is then removed from the mould and left to grow for an additional short period of time, so it takes on the lovely velvety texture. Once it has been dried, the final product is lightweight, yet fire and impact resistant. After being used for its intended purpose, it can be reused, composted or planted in your garden to improve soil quality.
Seed Paper: Our seed paper is made from recycled paper pulp mixed with wild flower seeds. When feeling green-fingered, place the paper on top of a pot of compost and water well. Make sure the paper has access to light and warmth and keep the soil moist. Once the seedlings have grown big enough, you can transfer them to your garden for the birds and bees to enjoy!
How to use Haeckels incense
- Light the end of the cone and burn for around 15 seconds before blowing out – the ember tip should be red hot.
- Use a coin or heatproof surface to rest the cone on.
- Place in the heart of your home to allow the fragrant smoke to disperse throughout.
- Burns well with our Incense Burner.