LO Studio candles have been lovingly crafted to bring memory to life through fragrance. After the death of a loved one, co-founder Tracy Longworth found solace in scent and began creating a collection of candles that would act as an avenue for nostalgia. Each candle has been designed to transport you to your most precious memories through the art of smell.
Shop LO Studio at Osmology
A loved one’s death signified the birth of LO. Between the copious cups of tea and the numbness death brings, candle making was the happy place in which founder Tracy Longworth found solace. Mixing potions, creating scents and doing something positive. It was also an avenue for nostalgia.
Scents evoke memory in a way the other senses can’t. Our sense of smell starts to develop in the womb. As we grow up those associations continue to form and develop a scrapbook of fragrance memories. A LO candle is based on that scrapbook. A feeling, a time, the sense of a scent that paints a picture to occupy the corner of one’s mind.
Each LO Studio candle tells a story based on these memories – unique stories you can read on each case, but only know in their burning. Little legacies to occupy those corners of your mind. All natural, all recyclable, each with a soul and a quirk, that is the integrity of the LO story. The story beyond the scent.
How to use LO Studio candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 1/4″ before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquify. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than ¼” of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centered.