With a mission to bring warmth and comfort to the home, Norden’s range of scented candles and incense will bring a relaxed Californian aesthetic into any space. The coconut and apricot wax candles take inspiration from their west coast surroundings, with fragrances reminiscent of hiking trails and desert abodes.
Shop Norden Goods at Osmology
Norden is a southern California based home goods brand founded in 2014 by husband and wife pair Erika and Pete Panciera.
Erika, with an interest in home decor, and Pete, with years of experience as an art director and designer, started the brand after recognizing a need in the market for simple, well-designed home accessories that could stand the test of time.
Each product they design and produce is informed by the pair’s eclectic design aesthetic and places they have visited around the world. As the brand has grown, it has broadened its reach to encompass home fragrance and apothecary products, as well as ceramics and textiles,
Norden’s mission is to bring warmth and comfort to the home through carefully considered, functional objects that are produced with a high level of attention to craft. Much of their line is produced in their California studio or in the U.S.A. by manufacturers with years of knowledge and experience.
The brand’s aesthetic point of view and focus on quality craftsmanship have helped land it in homes across the world.
How to use Norden Goods candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
How to use Norden Goods incense
Each package includes 20 incense sticks. The charcoal-based incense is handmade in Norden Goods’ California studio using natural essential oils. Each stick will burn for about 45 minutes and the scent should last for 2-3 hours depending on room size.
- Insert one incense stick in an incense holder.
- Before lighting, just make sure your incense is on a stable surface away from anything flammable.
- Light your stick of incense and allow the flame to consume the tip.
- Gently blow out the flame. Your incense should glow and give off a light wisp of smoke as it slowly burns.
- Allow the fragrance to disperse through your space. It’s always a good idea to keep a window or door open while burning incense to provide ventilation.