P.F. Candle Co.
We LoveP.F. Candle Co.
P.F. Candle Co., born Pommes Frites, was founded by Kristen in 2008.It was in 2012, after a variety of products, and hours on the craft fair circuit, that the P.F. Candle Co. signature amber jar line was launched. Since 2013, P.F. has expanded from two people to a team of 25. From a second bedroom operation to globally recognised brand, P.F. is a completely bootstrapped enterprise.
About P.F. Candle Co.
How to use P.F. Candle Co. candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 1/4″ before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquify. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than ¼” of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centered.
How to use P.F. Candle Co. diffusers
Naturally harvested rattan reeds absorb the scented oil, releasing it slowly through your surroundings. 3.5oz of fine fragrance oil comes packaged in a simple apothecary-inspired bottle measuring 4.25″ in height. The reeds are 8″ long.
- Place the sticks (reeds) that came with your diffuser into the bottle to absorb the fragrance oil.
- Once in a while flip the sticks so that the “dry” end is now closest to the bottle and the saturated end is in the air.
- Let your reed diffuser’s fragrance naturally permeate your space. The diffuser oil will continue to evaporate into the air, creating a long-lasting luxurious scent.
- Keep away from direct sunlight or other heat sources that may prematurely dry reeds
- Remove a few reeds if a lighter scent throw is desired
- Fragrance oil is not developed for aromatherapy diffusers or humidifiers
- Do not consume and keep away from children or pets. If the oil spills, clean up immediately, as the oils and resins can cause damage to some finishes.
How to use P.F. Candle Co. incense
Stick Incense: Each kraft package includes 15 incense sticks. The charcoal-based incense is hand-dipped in PF’s Los Angeles studio using fine fragrance oils and dipropylene glycol (DPG), a synthetic base commonly found in body care and home fragrance products. Each incense stick measures approximately 10.75″ long. Each will burns for about 1 hour and the scent should last for 2-4 hours depending on room size.
Cone Incense: Each cone burns for approximately 25 minutes, elevating a space with scent in under an hour. Depending on room size, scent longevity lasts between 2-4 hours. Each tin contains measures 3″ in diameter and 2.2″ in height, and contains 30 incense cones.
- Light the tip of the incense at a slight angle with a lighter or match
- Allow the flame to burn for approximately 10-15 seconds
- Cones – If the flame isn’t allowed to burn long enough, it may extinguish before burning all the way through (about 25 mins).
- Extinguish the flame by gently blowing. The incense should produce a glowing red ember and a tendril of smoke, and will continue to burn on its own.
- Place the incense on a heatproof, non-flammable holder
- Always burn incense in a well-ventilated room, away from flammable materials.
- Never leave incense burning unattended or in reach of children, pets or a draft.