Romantically rock’n’roll – Tatine create scented candles that capture the deep passion and warmth of evenings spent in the company of great artists and musicians. The dancing candle flames; the crackle of needle on record; the intoxicating passion. Each fragrance is hand crafted in their Chicago studio.
Sort Results By
Refine by Category
Refine by Strength
Refine By Brand
Refine By Wax
Shop Tatine at Osmology
Margo Breznik, Founder + Creative Director of Tatine, launched her company in 2001 as a way to express her inspirations and impart her passion for creating interior atmospheres that inspire, deepen, and enhance your surroundings. Her designs and bespoke fragrance blends are an expression of what she is feeling, thinking, and inspired by at any given time.
The hand-blown candle vessels are made by skilful artisans, created with a second life in mind as drink safe glassware or keepsake containers. The studio utilizes recycled and FSC-certified paper stocks as much as possible in both the product packaging and shipping materials.
How to use Tatine candles
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 1/4″ before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than ¼” of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centered.
"It’s only appropriate that this next music-inspired scent offering is a candle, because it’s inspired by our favorite witch Stevie Nicks—who, in my imagination, is constantly twirling around a fire wrapped in a velvet kimono anyway. According to Tatine’s Gold Dust candle, the spirit of Nicks smells a little something like bohemian gold santal, saffron, hyacinth, tobacco blossom, orris, incense, musk, and dark patchouli—a perfect blend of mystical, opulent chaos (just like Stevie). Insider witch tip: light this candle, queue up Rhiannon on full-volume, and twirl yourself (and your kimono) into a fiery trance."
"Think even bigger and don't limit yourself, Virgo. Open up, branch out, and explore all the magical possibilities with a bohemian gold santal, saffron dust, hyacinth, tobacco blossom, and incense-layered scent."
"Tatine's Woodsmoke candle comes in a ghoulishly green glass votive and burns smokey scents of kindling mixed with cedar moss, fir balsam, elemi, natural clove, and fir."