OSMOLOGY Are On Holiday
ORDERS MADE THIS WEEK WILL SHIP ON
WEDNESDAY 20TH MARCH
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and from the 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR), the data controller is Acre Supply Co. Limited (company no. 08660871 ), having its registered office at Flat 3, 47 Alma Road, Bristol, BS8 2DE United Kingdom.
Date of last update: 29 June 2018
If you place an order with us, you will need to set up an account before ordering. During this set up we will ask you to provide some personal information such as:
If you place an order with us, we will also ask for your payment details.
We also ask you for other optional information such as what sort of device you use such as a mobile telephone or PDA or tablet, how you heard about our Site and what sort of subjects interest you. If you choose to give us this information, we will use it to help us to provide you with the best possible service that is personalised to your needs and preferences. Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we can tailor our services for you.
When you visit our Site, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. Your IP address is also logged when you make a purchase as a fraud prevention measure required by the payment gateway.
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://www.osmology.co (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, provide us with feedback and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customised experience while using our site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to provide you with a customised online experience;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to provide you with a customised online experience;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
· Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Acre Supply Co. Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or the safety of Acre Supply Co. Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and cybersecurity.
[All information you provide to us is kept on a secure server and data is encrypted. All of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorised access by physical security means.]
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the personal information that you have provided to us. During the online ordering process you can review, change, or delete the information that you have submitted. You may change your personal information by accessing your account online at any time. We encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes.
We may from time to time send you e-mail or other communications regarding current stories, promotions and new additions to our website. You may “opt-out,” or unsubscribe from these communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email message you receive from us, or by sending an email. After doing so, you will not receive future promotional messaging unless you re-subscribe.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Osmology, Flat 3, 47 Alma Road, Bristol, BS8 2DE, United Kingdom or by emailing us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To access your account dashboard please login. From your account dashboard you can access previous orders, contact preferences, wishlists and waiting lists, plus you can edit your account details, payment options and shipping addresses. If you don't already have an Osmology account, please register below to access all these features.