D.S. & Durga Breakfast Leipzig Scented Candle
The Breakfast Leipzig Candle by D.S. & DURGA is inspired by breakfast with Bach at Café Zimmermann, Leipzig. Think buttery almond pastries, pipe tobacco, and a hint of warm coffee in the background. Café Zimmerman was the backdrop to many of the first performances of Bach’s works, such as the Coffee Cantata. In 1723, the year Bach moved to Leipzig, it was the largest and best-appointed Coffeehouse in the city.
UK Mainland Delivery
Standard: Our standard delivery service takes between 3 to 5 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
Express: Our express delivery service takes between 1 to 2 full working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
We use a variety of couriers, choosing the one we hope will be best suited to deliver your order in a timely, safe manner. We aim to dispatch all orders within 48hours and will let you know as soon as possible if any issues or delays arise.
Where possible, we will endeavor to send all the items in your order together, however, any items out of stock will be sent as soon as possible. Please note – you will only be charged one delivery cost per order. If any part of your order is out of stock, we will notify you and advise of the anticipated delivery date.
All delivery dates are estimates and we cannot guarantee specific deadlines. Saturdays, Sundays, and all Bank Holidays are classed as non-working days.
European & Worldwide Delivery: We don’t currently ship outside of the UK. We hope this will change in the near future but will need time to adjust to the new Brexit rules. I’m very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
– Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
– Orders placed after 9am, during the weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
– Safe Place: If ‘leave in a safe place or with a neighbour’ is selected for delivery we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items. Couriers often leave parcels outside properties as standard – if you would NOT like your parcel left unattended please state it clearly or change your shipping address to one with a secure safe place. Otherwise the delivery location will be left up to driver discretion.
– Delivery Days & Times: Our couriers deliver every day of the week between 8am and 8pm. If your delivery address is not accessible during these times (such as a business with restricted opening times) please provide safe place instructions or change your shipping address to one more suitable.
– Please note: Missed deliveries, parcels that are refused delivery or returned to us because they have not been collected from a depot/parcel shop within 5 working days will incur a surcharge of £15 to cover the return costs we are charged by our courier.
– Missing parcels: Delivery disputes or problems with delivery need to be brought to our attention within 7 days of the shipping date, after this date we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items.
– Incorrect Address: We can accept no responsibility for missing parcels due to incorrect address and postcode information being supplied to us. If you notice the address you have given us is incorrect please notify us as quickly as possible – while we will do our best to help it is often hard to change or stop a parcel once it has entered our system. To avoid issues, please double check your delivery address during the ordering process.
– Gifts: If you are sending a gift, to avoid delivery issues we recommend you give the recipient the tracking information for the parcel so they know to expect something and can add safe place instructions. Surprises are lovely, but often cause un-needed issues.
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from Osmology. But if you’re not, you can easily return your purchase within 30 days of receipt as long as it is unused (not lit!) and in its original packaging.
For more information visit our Exchanges & Returns Page Here.
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
Breakfast Leipzig Reviews
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please remember that sense of smell will vary from person to person. We’re proud to say that all customer reviews are independent, authentic and do not represent the views of Osmology.
Wanted to try this brand for so long.
The candle has a pleasant perfumed smell. A little like a medicinal pipe tobacco. I like it but the “advertised” notes are mostly undetectable… coffee in particular so the idea of a “breakfast” Leipzig are lost.
This has a poor cold throw that get worse when lit. And seems to get less and less as the candle burns.
This isn’t a cheap candle… especially when you consider it’s just in a glass with a poorly applied, lopsided label!
A very expensive mistake.
I really like this candle and will repurchase it. It's a really unique scent - the pipe smoke was a *bit* strong at first but I think that is just because I wasn't used to it, and once the candle warmed up properly and the notes mingled, it was really lovely. I don't really pick up any coffee smell though, and wish that was a little stronger. The only disappointing thing is that the scent throw seems to get less and less the longer I burn the candle down. I'm about one quarter of the way through it now, and it doesn't really travel out of my office into the hallway or to any other rooms in the house anymore.
Doesn't smell like coffee, but does give that cafe sort of scent. My partner and I love it.
I really enjoyed buying this candle. I fell in love with the smell instantly. Brings very#hygee feelings.
i dreamed about this candle after reading the description and reviews. i bought it last week, it arrived yesterday...the scent is pleasant, sweet, but not as complex or rich as the description suggested. reminds me of a candle i bought for a fiver as a teenager.
additionally, the wrong wick seems to have been used - after trimming to the correct length, the candle self-extinguished in the melted wax after 2 hours...which can be fixed but not ideal for £60.
it certainly looks nice i guess!