Boy Smells Cedar Stack, Hinoki Fantome & St. Al Scented Candle Gift Set
Availability: In stock
The Cedar Stack, Hinoki Fantome & St. Al Scented Candle Gift Set by Boy Smells is made for wood lovers, featuring warm, vibrant woody favorites — cedar, hinoki and sandalwood.
Cedar Stack, Hinoki Fantome & St. Al Set Includes...
UK Mainland Delivery
Standard: Our standard delivery service takes up to 7 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
Express: Our express delivery service takes 1 to 3 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
|Order by…||Expected Delivery Day (Express)|
|9am Monday||Tuesday / Wednesday|
|9am Wednesday||Thursday / Friday|
|9am Friday||Saturday / Sunday / Monday|
We use a variety of couriers, choosing the one we hope will be best suited to deliver your order in a timely, safe manner. We aim to dispatch all orders within 48hours and will let you know as soon as possible if any issues or delays arise.
Where possible, we will endeavour to send all the items in your order together, however, any items out of stock will be sent as soon as possible. Please note – you will only be charged one delivery cost per order. If any part of your order is out of stock, we will notify you and advise of the anticipated delivery date.
All delivery dates are estimates and we cannot guarantee specific deadlines. Saturdays, Sundays, and all Bank Holidays are classed as non-working days.
European & Worldwide Delivery: We don’t currently ship outside of the UK. We hope this will change in the near future but will need time to adjust to the new Brexit rules. I’m very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.upto
– Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
– Orders placed after 9am, during the weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
– Safe Place: If ‘leave in a safe place or with a neighbour’ is selected for delivery we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items. Couriers often leave parcels outside properties as standard – if you would NOT like your parcel left unattended please state it clearly or change your shipping address to one with a secure safe place. Otherwise the delivery location will be left up to driver discretion.
– Delivery Days & Times: Our couriers deliver every day of the week between 8am and 8pm. If your delivery address is not accessible during these times (such as a business with restricted opening times) please provide safe place instructions or change your shipping address to one more suitable.
– Please note: Missed deliveries, parcels that are refused delivery or returned to us because they have not been collected from a depot/parcel shop within 5 working days will incur a surcharge of £15 to cover the return costs we are charged by our courier.
– Missing parcels: Delivery disputes or problems with delivery need to be brought to our attention within 7 days of the shipping date, after this date we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items.
– Incorrect Address: We can accept no responsibility for missing parcels due to incorrect address and postcode information being supplied to us. If you notice the address you have given us is incorrect please notify us as quickly as possible – while we will do our best to help it is often hard to change or stop a parcel once it has entered our system. To avoid issues, please double check your delivery address during the ordering process.
– Gifts: If you are sending a gift, to avoid delivery issues we recommend you give the recipient the tracking information for the parcel so they know to expect something and can add safe place instructions. Surprises are lovely, but often cause un-needed issues.
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from Osmology. But if you’re not, you can easily return your purchase within 30 days of receipt as long as it is unused (not lit!) and in its original packaging.
For more information visit our Exchanges & Returns Page Here.
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
Cedar Stack, Hinoki Fantome & St. Al Reviews
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please remember that sense of smell will vary from person to person. We’re proud to say that all customer reviews are independent, authentic and do not represent the views of Osmology.
These small votives are a fab idea for trying scents before buying a bigger version. They look great and the flame is really atmospheric through the black vessel. For their size they have a great throw and scented a snug living room. Perfect for working from home at a desk. Cedar Stack - overall scent accord was smoky but softened by sweetness of hay. Hinoki Fantôme was similar but smoky and floral, lighter notes of jasmine and the woody Hinoki, makes it a softer scent. St. Al is mostly floral with notes of patchouli, more spicy than smoky. Similar scent to what most recall as incense. All have brilliant throw. In agreement with other reviews for this product, they did tunnel on the first burn 3-4hrs but this resolved in all after the second burn of similar length. Overall, great tester set or a gift. The scents weren’t all my personal preference but that’s what makes it really great because I wouldn’t have known before buying a bigger candle.
This was my first foray into the Boy Smells brand, so I choose this woody variety pack as an introduction to their scents. I've burned all three at least twice now, and so far I've been impressed with the throw of these mini candles, which is great for the size and fills my decent-sized living room after a 30-60 min burn, as well as the chic aesthetic and warm, cosy scents. I prefer candles that use natural waxes, and the combination of coconut and beeswax that these candles use is a really nice texture (not too soft, not gritty); it looks and feels high quality, and happily so far it seems to burn quite slowly too. The only down side is I think these candles are prone to tunnelling. I don't know if that would be the case for the larger size or whether it's to do with the size and shape of the mini candles, but they all were struggling to burn to the edges even after an hour of burning, and I had to help them along with some tin foil which helped them to burn evenly.
Scent-wise, the most confusing was Cedar Stack - I can't pick up any cedar or woody notes in this; it smells mostly fruity and isn't dissimilar to Baies. It's pleasant and not sickly sweet, but it's not the cedar, juniper, sawdust and white musk aroma that was advertised. Hinoki Fantome sticks more to what it says on the tin and has a slightly perfumed (presumably from the jasmine) but strong hinoki scent - it's burning wood, Feu de Bois-adjacent but a little bit more interesting. St. Al follows a similar template: it's an unmistakably sandalwood centre but with some interesting notes surrounding it that translate as sweetness and warmth.
The set of three mini candles comes in chic, minimal pale pink & black cardboard packaging (box, insert and sleeve are all card, there's no plastic) that would make a great housewarming present or a gift for someone who's into cosy scents. The brand feels like a middle ground between more everyday candle brands like the PF Candle core range, and something more high end like DS & Durga or Cire Trudon, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice candle that's not *too* nice to actually burn. These particular three scents don't feel as complex or unusual as some brands in the same price range (£30-£40 for a full size candle), and I'm not sure I'd personally buy a full size of any (in that range I'd go for the superior scents of La Montana or Field Apothecary). However, I'd be interested to try more scents from the brand if they were to introduce individual mini candles, not just discovery sets.
I had a whiff of Hinoki Fantome while at a friend's house and was instantly hooked. Realising there was a selection that met some of the smells I was after (specifically cedar and sandalwood), the Boy Smells was a no-brainer. Been very satisfied with these new smells in my home. Personally the Hinoki comes out on top between the 3, but the Cedar Stack and St. Al are equally pleasant in their own right.
These scents have been well paired, all on the smokey side with lovely depth, My favourite is Cedar Stack. Burn evenly and the fragrance lingers well after it has been blown out.