Boy Smells Hinoki Fantôme Scented Candle
The Hinoki Fantôme Candle by Boy Smells features a resinous aroma of smoking Japanese cypress and jasmine petals. Warm and meditative with an element of earthy spice notes. An absolute cold-weather necessity to warm and invigorate the senses.
UK Mainland Delivery
Standard: Our standard delivery service takes up to 5 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
Express: Our express delivery service takes 1 to 3 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
|Order by…||Expected Delivery Day (Express)|
|9am Monday||Tuesday / Wednesday|
|9am Wednesday||Thursday / Friday|
|9am Friday||Saturday / Sunday / Monday|
We use a variety of couriers, choosing the one we hope will be best suited to deliver your order in a timely, safe manner. We aim to dispatch all orders within 48hours and will let you know as soon as possible if any issues or delays arise.
Where possible, we will endeavor to send all the items in your order together, however, any items out of stock will be sent as soon as possible. Please note – you will only be charged one delivery cost per order. If any part of your order is out of stock, we will notify you and advise of the anticipated delivery date.
All delivery dates are estimates and we cannot guarantee specific deadlines. Saturdays, Sundays, and all Bank Holidays are classed as non-working days.
European & Worldwide Delivery: We don’t currently ship outside of the UK. We hope this will change in the near future but will need time to adjust to the new Brexit rules. I’m very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
– Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
– Orders placed after 9am, during the weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
– Safe Place: If ‘leave in a safe place or with a neighbour’ is selected for delivery we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items. Couriers often leave parcels outside properties as standard – if you would NOT like your parcel left unattended please state it clearly or change your shipping address to one with a secure safe place. Otherwise the delivery location will be left up to driver discretion.
– Delivery Days & Times: Our couriers deliver every day of the week between 7am and 9pm. If your delivery address is not accessible during these times (such as a business with restricted opening times) please provide safe place instructions or change your shipping address to one more suitable.
– Please note: Missed deliveries, parcels that are refused delivery or returned to us because they have not been collected from a depot/parcel shop within 5 working days will incur a surcharge of £15 to cover the return costs we are charged by our courier.
– Missing parcels: Delivery disputes or problems with delivery need to be brought to our attention within 7 days of the shipping date, after this date we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items.
– Incorrect Address: We can accept no responsibility for missing parcels due to incorrect address and postcode information being supplied to us. If you notice the address you have given us is incorrect please notify us as quickly as possible – while we will do our best to help it is often hard to change or stop a parcel once it has entered our system. To avoid issues, please double check your delivery address during the ordering process.
– Gifts: If you are sending a gift, to avoid delivery issues we recommend you give the recipient the tracking information for the parcel so they know to expect something and can add safe place instructions. Surprises are lovely, but often cause un-needed issues.
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from Osmology. But if you’re not, you can easily return your purchase within 30 days of receipt as long as it is unused (not lit!) and in its original packaging.
For more information visit our Exchanges & Returns Page Here.
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
Hinoki Fantôme Reviews
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please remember that sense of smell will vary from person to person. We’re proud to say that all customer reviews are independent, authentic and do not represent the views of Osmology.
I find the scent of this candle fascinating! It is truly original, complex and delicious. Normally I am a citrus girl so there must be something v special in it to attract my interest. The glass jar and label are sophisticated, subtle and gorgeous.
This is my first premium candle and I have to say I love the smell. It has real depth and complexity and is a real change from the vanilla and fruity candles from Aldi that we've been using. That being said - my wife hates it (hence the 3 star review). She thinks it smells too much like wood smoke and makes her want to wash her clothes and hair after being in the room with it. I lit it for 2.5 hours in a 19degC living room and it didn't melt to the edges of the jar and has started tunnelling a little.
The smell of the candle took up residence in my nostrils before I even opened the box. I think it's a fairly strong smell and it nigh-on tickles my sinuses (it's quite stimulating). It smells of incense and old wood, like an antique piano played by an old hippy.
I'm not sure I'd buy it again unfortunately despite liking it myself. It's currently burning in my office where it has been banished.
Like the scent and it is fairly slow burning. The fragrance isn’t as strong as I would like while it is burning, otherwise I really like it.
I can't praise this candle enough - a woody, warm scent that fills the room. Instantly comforting & a crowd pleaser.
One of my new favourite candles - have been working my way through the five star reviewed candles on Osmology and this has quickly become the best purchase in our household - and more repurchased!
I personally enjoy woody/smoky smells in the evening as I find these soothing and relaxing. I was previously using PF Candle Teakwood and Tobacco -- not a direct comparison but this is a much more complex smell which carries stronger and diffuses across a room almost instantly. This has a very earthy and regal scent to it, but is complemented with notes of jasmine. Very enjoyable.
I light this candle for about 30-60 minutes in the evening (more than enough to diffuse across the whole room) and has lasted over 8 weeks.
I wish I could buy this as a fragrance as it is so heady and addictive, I spend far too long picking it up and sniffing it!
We use it in the dining room as it creates a lovely atmosphere and is reminiscent of church and old libraries- with a sweetness.
To be honest I don't think you can go wrong with this brand.
This scent is astonishing. I was really happy with the woodsy, clean, fresh and just a tad spicy scent. It was exactly what I was searching for! What I am particularly pleased is that it leaves the scent in the room even after blowing off the candle - it lingers for several hours and I can smell it even the next morning. Finally, it does smell a bit even while not burning it. The only complaint is that it is a tad weaker than what would be my preference, which is a solid medium strength. Overall happy with my purchase and will likely repeat it in the future!
This is such a beautiful candle.
The packaging is modern and elegant.
The scent is perfectly balanced - notes of hinoki, moss and jasmine definitely come through.
Initially tried having this in the bedroom but it was a bit too strong for the size of the room so moved it to the living room.
Such a beautiful scent! Love it!
Lovely sweet dry woody scent, meditative