Skandinavisk KOTO (Home) Scented Candle
Join The Waitlist
Be the first to know when this item is back in stock.
The KOTO (Home) Candle by Skandinavisk takes its name from the traditional Finnish word meaning ‘cosy at home’. This candles warming mix of fragrance notes, featuring vanilla beans and dried orange peel, Baltic amber and vintage leather furniture, will keep the elements outside at bay. Whether its a Nordic chill or a blustery British day, create a refuge inside by lighting this candle and embracing the homely intimacy of the familiar.
UK Mainland Delivery
Standard: Our standard delivery service takes up to 5 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
Express: Our express delivery service takes 1 to 3 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
|Order by…||Expected Delivery Day (Express)|
|Midnight Sunday||Tuesday / Wednesday|
|Midnight Tuesday||Thursday / Friday|
We use a variety of couriers, choosing the one we hope will be best suited to deliver your order in a timely, safe manner. We aim to dispatch all orders within 48hours and will let you know as soon as possible if any issues or delays arise.
Where possible, we will endeavor to send all the items in your order together, however, any items out of stock will be sent as soon as possible. Please note – you will only be charged one delivery cost per order. If any part of your order is out of stock, we will notify you and advise of the anticipated delivery date.
All delivery dates are estimates and we cannot guarantee specific deadlines. Saturdays, Sundays, and all Bank Holidays are classed as non-working days.
European & Worldwide Delivery: We don’t currently ship outside of the UK. We hope this will change in the near future but will need time to adjust to the new Brexit rules. I’m very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
– Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
– Orders placed after 9am, during the weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
– Safe Place: If ‘leave in a safe place or with a neighbour’ is selected for delivery we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items. Couriers often leave parcels outside properties as standard – if you would NOT like your parcel left unattended please state it clearly or change your shipping address to one with a secure safe place. Otherwise the delivery location will be left up to driver discretion.
– Delivery Days & Times: Our couriers deliver every day of the week between 7am and 9pm. If your delivery address is not accessible during these times (such as a business with restricted opening times) please provide safe place instructions or change your shipping address to one more suitable.
– Please note: Missed deliveries, parcels that are refused delivery or returned to us because they have not been collected from a depot/parcel shop within 5 working days will incur a surcharge of £15 to cover the return costs we are charged by our courier.
– Missing parcels: Delivery disputes or problems with delivery need to be brought to our attention within 7 days of the shipping date, after this date we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items.
– Incorrect Address: We can accept no responsibility for missing parcels due to incorrect address and postcode information being supplied to us. If you notice the address you have given us is incorrect please notify us as quickly as possible – while we will do our best to help it is often hard to change or stop a parcel once it has entered our system. To avoid issues, please double check your delivery address during the ordering process.
– Gifts: If you are sending a gift, to avoid delivery issues we recommend you give the recipient the tracking information for the parcel so they know to expect something and can add safe place instructions. Surprises are lovely, but often cause un-needed issues.
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from Osmology. But if you’re not, you can easily return your purchase within 30 days of receipt as long as it is unused (not lit!) and in its original packaging.
For more information visit our Exchanges & Returns Page Here.
Whether you need a helping hand deciding which fragrances will be perfect for your home, or can’t choose which candle to give as a gift, our team of scented candle addicts are here to help! If you have questions you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 1/4″ before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than ¼” of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centered.
KOTO (Home) Reviews
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please remember that sense of smell will vary from person to person. We’re proud to say that all customer reviews are independent, authentic and do not represent the views of Osmology.
This smells almost exactly like Diptyque's Opopanax, which is a shame as the notes listed are not what Opopanax smells like. So I ended up sending this one back as it just wasn't what I'd hoped for. You definitely get a powdery, incense note from this candle and that's about it. I would have preferred to smell a bit more of the vanilla, orange peel, and leather as the candle description highlights. By no means is this not a nice candle, I liked the scent but I just didn't want to keep a candle I wasn't excited for as this scent is not a new scent to me as already mentioned by the opopanax candle I own. The packaging is gorgeous, the black really stands out, and the wooden lid is gorgeous. Having owned Hav already by this brand - I know this candle would really pack a punch, and would make a great idea for the Autumn and Winter months. Definitely recommend, but the candle note description is a bit off putting as I could not smell any of the listed notes at all.
This to me smells like baby powder or like a certain kind of baby product or like a clean baby's room? I just felt like there was a distinct baby smell to my nose. I didn't hate it, and maybe that's how amber smells, I'm not sure. I was looking for a stronger vanilla, orange or leather smell. I also think I'm not a huge fan of "girly" smells and that's how this came off to me as well. But it's not very strong, so that's good. The smell will not fill a large room. I moved it into the bathroom where it can be used intermittently but it won't be one I'll return to.
This candle had everything going for it - ethical and environmentally friendly, lovely packaging and a gorgeous scent. It was a birthday present and excitedly I lit it expecting to be gently enveloped in a mix of amber, vanilla and orange. I do prefer scent more subtle than overwhelming, but disappointingly neither I nor my partner could smell anything unless we bent over the actual candle, in fact it seems to smell strongest unlit.
I notice that other reviewers have said that the scent is strong, so maybe I was just unlucky on this occasion.
This is a lovely warm and cosy candle and smells very similar to the Ambre candle from a much more expensive brand. The wooden lid is a nice touch.
This was my first Osmology purchase and it didn’t disappoint. I am a huge vanilla (I know, boring, but I mean quality vanilla) and tonka bean fan. More recently I have discovered that I also love amber (I know, late to the party as ever!) so this ticked all boxes. Beautiful design, burns evenly. Will certainly be buying another.
Amazing!! Love it so much!!!