The Nomad Society Smoke & Wood Scented Candle
£15.00 – £35.00
The Smoke & Wood Candle by The Nomad Society is a scent to take you to the woods. Inspired by days hiking through the Pyrenees and nights spent by a log fire. Featuring top notes of birch wood and campfire.
Suitable for Vegans: Yes
UK Mainland Delivery
Standard: Our standard delivery service takes up to 5 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
Express: Our express delivery service takes 1 to 3 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
|Order by…||Expected Delivery Day (Express)|
|9am Monday||Tuesday / Wednesday|
|9am Wednesday||Thursday / Friday|
|9am Friday||Saturday / Sunday / Monday|
We use a variety of couriers, choosing the one we hope will be best suited to deliver your order in a timely, safe manner. We aim to dispatch all orders within 48hours and will let you know as soon as possible if any issues or delays arise.
Where possible, we will endeavor to send all the items in your order together, however, any items out of stock will be sent as soon as possible. Please note – you will only be charged one delivery cost per order. If any part of your order is out of stock, we will notify you and advise of the anticipated delivery date.
All delivery dates are estimates and we cannot guarantee specific deadlines. Saturdays, Sundays, and all Bank Holidays are classed as non-working days.
European & Worldwide Delivery: We don’t currently ship outside of the UK. We hope this will change in the near future but will need time to adjust to the new Brexit rules. I’m very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
– Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
– Orders placed after 9am, during the weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
– Safe Place: If ‘leave in a safe place or with a neighbour’ is selected for delivery we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items. Couriers often leave parcels outside properties as standard – if you would NOT like your parcel left unattended please state it clearly or change your shipping address to one with a secure safe place. Otherwise the delivery location will be left up to driver discretion.
– Delivery Days & Times: Our couriers deliver every day of the week between 7am and 9pm. If your delivery address is not accessible during these times (such as a business with restricted opening times) please provide safe place instructions or change your shipping address to one more suitable.
– Please note: Missed deliveries, parcels that are refused delivery or returned to us because they have not been collected from a depot/parcel shop within 5 working days will incur a surcharge of £15 to cover the return costs we are charged by our courier.
– Missing parcels: Delivery disputes or problems with delivery need to be brought to our attention within 7 days of the shipping date, after this date we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items.
– Incorrect Address: We can accept no responsibility for missing parcels due to incorrect address and postcode information being supplied to us. If you notice the address you have given us is incorrect please notify us as quickly as possible – while we will do our best to help it is often hard to change or stop a parcel once it has entered our system. To avoid issues, please double check your delivery address during the ordering process.
– Gifts: If you are sending a gift, to avoid delivery issues we recommend you give the recipient the tracking information for the parcel so they know to expect something and can add safe place instructions. Surprises are lovely, but often cause un-needed issues.
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from Osmology. But if you’re not, you can easily return your purchase within 30 days of receipt as long as it is unused (not lit!) and in its original packaging.
For more information visit our Exchanges & Returns Page Here.
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 3 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
Smoke & Wood Reviews
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please remember that sense of smell will vary from person to person. We’re proud to say that all customer reviews are independent, authentic and do not represent the views of Osmology.
Smoke & Wood Scented Candle by The Nomad Society
I would agree with other reviewers who said this candle was reminiscent of barbecue (sauce) rather than a wood fire. It wasn’t unpleasant, just not really to my taste. There was a slight sweetness to the scent although it was not overly strong once lit.
I was looking for a candle that was scented more like a log fire… the search continues…
Great service from Osmology, of course!
Beautiful smells of campfires , open fires and underlying a hint of sweetness . Strong smell for a small candle and would recommend !
Smells absolutely lovely. Very soothing smells like a cottage in winter with a burning fire. I have tried to get the similar smell for years but this is perfect
The scent takes a few minutes of burning to really get going, but it is exactly the scent I remember from late nights sitting by a dying fire. After an hour or so of burning, the scent of woodsmoke permeates the whole of my one-bed house; not strong enough to be overwhelming, just enough to be cosy, and without any of the acrid edge of genuine smoke.
Smoke is definitely the star in this candle, though I would describe it more as a smoke you associate with smoked meats or barbecues than a wood-fire smokey scent. I found that the fragrance didn't hold once lit, dissipating quite quickly, but the subtle atmosphere it created was nevertheless lovely. I also really appreciate the double wick in the larger size candle.
After finding this in a shop in Iceland I decided to order one online instead and immediately found Osmology. Good service, nice candle, it smells really strong unlit, but unfortunately when it’s lit I battle to smell anything at all. I’ve tried many candles, but for the price this didn’t meet my expectations at all.
Customer service here is absolutely fantastic beyond imagination. Elizabeth is so helpful & has a huge range of candle scents to choose from, my advice would be to contact her to help you choose what your looking for. Excellent service. Gerry
This performs well and has a great throw for a small candle. It certainly smells of smoke and wood but it also has a heavy sweetness to it that I would liken to BBQ sauce. So the combo of the 3 scents is great for recreating that outdoor BBQ / campfire cooking atmosphere. Personally, I would have preferred just the smoke and wood side of it, however that's my personal taste. That aside, I would recommend this candle.
Quite a low-key smell when burning but a lovely, unusual candle - perfect for autumn