Evermore Winter Solstice Scented Candle
The Winter Solstice Candle by Evermore is inspired by Midwinter – the longest, darkest night of the astronomical calendar. This limited-edition collaboration with British artist Fee Greening is a rich and mysterious fragrance, filled with accords of amber, clove and star anise.
“I’m forever fascinated by seasonal and astronomical events, points in the year where our environment changes as an impact of the stars and planets above us. For Christmas, I wanted to create a scent inspired by the winter solstice and the pagan fire rituals that take place during this time. Fee’s wonderful Gothic style presented the perfect partnership to depict such themes; her representation of the candle’s notes are elegantly portrayed, bringing to life a scene of mystery and magic.” – Sarah Bell, Evermore London Founder
“I like to create work that’s otherworldly and ethereal – a bit of escapism for people. I feel that Evermore’s winter solstice theme fits perfectly with my style, the whole fire ceremony and the fact that it’s a celebration of the sun. I wanted the design to have an apothecary, spell-like quality to it to represent the idea of sacred fire rituals; the result feels very magical. I like the idea that the candle will bring warmth and light to winter nights – a cosy escape from it all.” – Fee Greening, Artist
Suitable for Vegans: Yes
UK Mainland Delivery
Standard: Our standard delivery service takes up to 5 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
Express: Our express delivery service takes 1 to 3 working days. You will receive tracking details as soon as your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
|Order by…||Expected Delivery Day (Express)|
|9am Monday||Tuesday / Wednesday|
|9am Wednesday||Thursday / Friday|
|9am Friday||Saturday / Sunday / Monday|
We use a variety of couriers, choosing the one we hope will be best suited to deliver your order in a timely, safe manner. We aim to dispatch all orders within 48hours and will let you know as soon as possible if any issues or delays arise.
Where possible, we will endeavor to send all the items in your order together, however, any items out of stock will be sent as soon as possible. Please note – you will only be charged one delivery cost per order. If any part of your order is out of stock, we will notify you and advise of the anticipated delivery date.
All delivery dates are estimates and we cannot guarantee specific deadlines. Saturdays, Sundays, and all Bank Holidays are classed as non-working days.
European & Worldwide Delivery: We don’t currently ship outside of the UK. We hope this will change in the near future but will need time to adjust to the new Brexit rules. I’m very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
– Saturdays and Sundays are NOT classed as working days.
– Orders placed after 9am, during the weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed the following working day.
– Safe Place: If ‘leave in a safe place or with a neighbour’ is selected for delivery we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items. Couriers often leave parcels outside properties as standard – if you would NOT like your parcel left unattended please state it clearly or change your shipping address to one with a secure safe place. Otherwise the delivery location will be left up to driver discretion.
– Delivery Days & Times: Our couriers deliver every day of the week between 7am and 9pm. If your delivery address is not accessible during these times (such as a business with restricted opening times) please provide safe place instructions or change your shipping address to one more suitable.
– Please note: Missed deliveries, parcels that are refused delivery or returned to us because they have not been collected from a depot/parcel shop within 5 working days will incur a surcharge of £15 to cover the return costs we are charged by our courier.
– Missing parcels: Delivery disputes or problems with delivery need to be brought to our attention within 7 days of the shipping date, after this date we can accept no responsibility for missing or lost items.
– Incorrect Address: We can accept no responsibility for missing parcels due to incorrect address and postcode information being supplied to us. If you notice the address you have given us is incorrect please notify us as quickly as possible – while we will do our best to help it is often hard to change or stop a parcel once it has entered our system. To avoid issues, please double check your delivery address during the ordering process.
– Gifts: If you are sending a gift, to avoid delivery issues we recommend you give the recipient the tracking information for the parcel so they know to expect something and can add safe place instructions. Surprises are lovely, but often cause un-needed issues.
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from Osmology. But if you’re not, you can easily return your purchase within 30 days of receipt as long as it is unused (not lit!) and in its original packaging.
For more information visit our Exchanges & Returns Page Here.
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 5mm before each lighting to avoid smoking and overheating.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle sits.
- The first burn of any candle should be long enough for the entire top layer of wax to liquefy. This will ensure an even burn for each light.
- Refrain from burning candles longer than 4 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children.
- The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
Winter Solstice Reviews
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please remember that sense of smell will vary from person to person. We’re proud to say that all customer reviews are independent, authentic and do not represent the views of Osmology.
I love this candle! If my husband lights it while I'm out, the warm calming scent greets me on my return. I keep it in the kitchen and light it in the evenings while enjoying a glass or 2 of red wine. Definitely a candle for late autumn/winter evenings.
It's so hard to describe this candle. It's dark, deep, rich, sometimes clovey, sometimes fruity, sometimes smokey. It's perfect for dark, gloomy nights and rituals. The illustrations are lovely too. A really unique creation.
This is a beautiful candle with a wonderful festive fragrance. I’ve owned many luxury candles however this, by far, burns the cleanest and has the most intense and long lasting fragrance. Highly recommended.